Friday, May 8, 2009

what you might read a lot about on this blog will be topics relating to Street Art. I'll tell the truth now....I have a tendency to politicize just about everything. At times it works in my favor, at other moments, it does not. History has revealed that my interests are intertwined within this context. I think for this reason, I've been a huge fan of street art/graffiti for many years. I like the idea of reclaiming public space. I like when art is free without charge. Not because I think it rules to get free shit, but rather because I am a fan of people who don't normally get to see art, getting to see art. I am a big fan of exposure and access, which I think may have something to do with opening up minds. I prefer no door fee to that....
                                                    
Bushwick, Brooklyn, NY 2009




              'SMILEE', acrylic on wood, on wood stump, Bushwick, Brooklyn, NY 2009


Andy wheatpaste montage, Portland, Oregon, 2008


No comments:

Post a Comment