Thursday, February 14, 2013

3-D Fun!!!

     A couple months ago, I tried my hand at some 3-D work. These two pieces were my first attempt since childhood to create any sort of models from scratch. Initially, my thinking was that it would be breeze since I am now a trained artist and all... 


     However, once I began working, I soon realized that it's not rocket science. Basically, my feeling now is if you can work an I-pod, you can build a robot out of cardboard or a tiny record player just like I did. My art training really had little to do with any success I achieved in creating these works. So, I encourage you also to give this project a whirl.
               
                       


    Also, I must say both of these works were so much fun to create! I think it was liberating to put away the ink and paint for a minute. I don't just step out of the box, I foxtrot out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment